Nursing Homes in Louisville, KY
Springhurst Health & Rehab
has offered long term care and short term rehabilitation for over 35 years. Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance and Private Pay rooms are all available in our 90 bed facility. A comprehensive range of medical, personal and social services are coordinated to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of residents. Around-the-clock nursing care is provided and our in-house therapy department offers physical, occupational and speech therapies. All rooms at Springhurst Health & Rehab are private. Our original building houses 50 private long-term care rooms and our new rehab center offers 40 private rooms. Our furnished rooms all include satellite television, telephone and personal laundry services.
People with neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction often benefit from physical therapy.
Patients work with a therapist to implement personalized treatment programs to help regain the highest possible level of function. This program may include:
- Specific exercises to help increase muscle function, coordination endurance and mobility
- Training to improve bed mobility gait stability, posture and positioning
- Mobilization of joints and soft tissue to increase range of motion Wound care Training with adaptive equipment
Through appropriate therapeutic activities, occupational therapists assist individuals with adjusting to their social and physical environment. By adapting tasks and modifying the surroundings, residents and patients regain confidence as they improve their ability to function. Services may include:
- Education and training in daily living skills such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming.
- Activities for memory, and cognitive integration.
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities.
- Exercises to increase strength coordination.
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement by reducing the effects of arthritis and other conditions.
Therapists aid people in recovering speech, language and swallowing functions as well as memory by helping address problems with communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed to focus on each person’s needs, such as:
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including the use of augmentative systems when necessary.
- Oral muscle strength and functioning for speaking and swallowing.
- Skills and techniques to compensate for word-finding problems, learn listening strategies and overcome swallowing disorders.
- Vital Stem Therapy (electrical stimulation to improve swallowing ability).